The following SMART 100 profile and the information it contains is a duplication of content submitted by the applicant during the entry process. As a function of entry, applicants were required to declare that all details are factually correct, do not infringe on another’s intellectual property and are not unlawful, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, obscene, or otherwise objectionable. Some profiles have been edited for reasons of space and clarity. More about the SMART 100.
This innovation initially came to life when…
We searched globally for a suitable easy-to-use webcasting product and couldn’t find one, so we built it ourselves. With no local provider, the global tools we found were all very rigid and inflexible, and always demanded the look and feel being in the suppliers’ branding. This didn’t sit well with our clients.
Furthermore, there was a very expensive licensing agreement to use the tool which wasn’t economical.
WHAT & HOW
The purpose of this innovation is to…
Viocast is our award winning, easy-to-use webcasting platform designed for broadcasting live or on-demand video and audio content over the web. It allows you to give your audience a rich user experience by including synchronised slides in your webcast.
It does this by…
PURPOSE & BENEFITS
This innovation improves on what came before because…
– It really is self-service.
– As it’s SaaS, there is no hardware or software implementation, and zero IT monitoring and maintenance.
– Scale, security and concurrency is looked after by Akamai.
– The client manages it themselves as opposed to outsourcing and it’s totally ON Brand unlike, say, WebEx, GotoMeeting, etc.
Its various benefits to the customer/end-user include…
– Internal management and control
– Quick turnaround
– Excellent reporting
– Better engagement of the viewer
– Centralisation and management of resources / assets
– Use across departments and offices
In the past, this problem was solved by…
– Licensing to a third-party tool that was cumbersome and inflexible with no customisation
– Customer support was overseas in a different timeframe
– Simple flash interface
Its predecessors/competitors include…
It is made for…
– based anywhere
– who publish a lot of audio or video content
– with a global audience
– external communications such as product demos, events, conferences
– internal communications
– investor relations
– corporate communications
It is available for sale through…
The product is made available via a monthly licence fee allowing you access to the SaaS-based product. Users simply log on to use the tool.
Our marketing strategy is to…
Following an initial PR blitz, we took the product to market directly and through our channel partners.
We run our own live webcast series called Future Forum that provides interesting content and interactivity, whilst showcasing the product to prospective customers. Look at http://www.viocorp.com/future_forum/index.1.html
VioCast was named Best Enterprise tool at the AIMIA 2010 awards.
SUPPORTING IMAGES AND/OR VIDEO
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR THIS INNOVATION
While the judging is now officially over, you can still show your support for this innovation in one of the following three ways:
- Hit the VOTE UP button: Top left of each page (Not available for IE users)
- Trigger a Reaction: Re-Tweet, Like on Facebook, etc.
- Leave a Comment: Share the love!
To check out the Anthill SMART 100 Readers’ Choice winner for 2010, click here.