This video from Google’s app developers outlines some of the common mistakes businesses make when creating an app.
Whether your business is your app, or if an app is a service of your business, it is vital that your app is what customers need.
This is a long video. Make yourself a cup of something warm, sit back and take in each of the reasons why customers may not be using your app. Some of those reasons include:
- You didn’t understand the problem you were solving
- Or, you had an idea then tried to find a problem that it solved
- You asked your friends rather than your customers what they thought
- Or, you listened to what your customers said rather than watched what they did
- You planned to pivot rather than finding a problem worth solving
Ultimately, doing any of these things can lead a business to perfectly execute the completely wrong plan.
As I said before, it’s a long video. But, its content may save your business a lot of pain.
Google I/O 2014 – Perfectly executing the wrong plan