Show your support for this innovation. Tweet it. Like it on Facebook. Leave a comment.
The following SMART 100 profile and the information it contains is a duplication of content submitted by the applicant during the entry process. As a function of entry, applicants were required to declare that all details are factually correct, do not infringe on another’s intellectual property and are not unlawful, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, obscene, or otherwise objectionable. Some profiles have been edited for reasons of space and clarity. More about the SMART 100.
Utilibill Cloud-enabled Platform for Converged Telco and Utilities (VIC)
This innovation initially came to life when…
Several Telco customers approached us wanting to offer electricity to their retail customers. They recognised our business system provided the foundation of all they needed to run both their electricity and Telco business in one single sign-on cloud-based SaaS system. Our clients identified the opportunity for us. We worked interactively with them to make this come to life.
WHAT & HOW
The purpose of this innovation is to…
Enable retailing of multiple utilities on one consolidated platform, reducing staff overheads, simplify systems training, reducing cost to serve. The intent of this innovation is to drop the barriers to entry enabling Telcos to sell Electricity cost effectively and simply.
It does this by…
Leveraging the base foundation of Utilibill and extends the offering to encompass the regulatory requirements of electricity retailing, the business processes and the know-how on a centralised platform alleviating traditional need for multiple disparate systems.
PURPOSE & BENEFITS
This innovation improves on what came before because…
- Our innovation is delivered at 1% of retail revenue declining with scale.
- Our innovation embraces the cloud, driving down costs to serve.
- We have a small group of traditional providers who deliver their service via a third-party integrator like IBM, EDS or CSC. They typically charge millions to onboard. Utilibill has ripped down these barriers to entry.
Its various benefits to the customer/end-user include…
- Time of day metering displayed online
- Move in/move out processing available online
- One-bill solution for telco, gas, water, IP video, etc., making management of your services trivial and simple.
In the past, this problem was solved by…
Previously the problem was not solved. Service providers that wished to offer multiple utilities turned to several systems providers and required deep pockets to get a look in.
Its predecessors/competitors include…
SAP and Seibel are potentially the best examples.
It is made for…
Our target audience are:
- Telco resellers looking to extend ARPU and add products to sell down their customer base
- embedded network providers looking for a one-stop solution for electricity, gas, water, solar, IPTV, voice, data
- electricity providers looking to a foray into Telco.
It is available for sale through…
The platform is now available online in cloud. It is also available as a virtual appliance enabling customers to deploy locally. Sales is largely online; however consultants and specialists are now starting to generate demand also which is great.
Our marketing strategy is to…
90% of our marketing and brand awareness is driven through the Web and referrals. We work with Austrade and R&D to extend our marketing efforts; as a technology company we have isolated marketing as a key area we need to focus on in the year ahead.
SHARE THE LOVE
You can show your support for this outstanding Australian innovation in three ways:
- Tweet it: Top left of each page
- Trigger a Reaction: Facebook ‘Like’, etc.
- Leave a Comment: Anonymous comments excluded.
More about the READERS’ CHOICE INDEX.