Show your support for this innovation. Tweet it. Like it on Facebook. Leave a comment.
The following SMART 100 profile and the information it contains is a duplication of content submitted by the applicant during the entry process. As a function of entry, applicants were required to declare that all details are factually correct, do not infringe on another’s intellectual property and are not unlawful, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, obscene, or otherwise objectionable. Some profiles have been edited for reasons of space and clarity. More about the SMART 100.
Bendelta Strategy Implementation Tool (NSW)
This innovation initially came to life when…
We were working with clients on their strategies. We continually heard them (and many other companies) say: We are actually quite good at developing strategy but we are lousy at implementation. We need something that will keep us disciplined. At that point, we realised that a strategy implementation tool was greatly needed by companies to help them keep on track with the execution of their plans.
WHAT & HOW
The purpose of this innovation is to…
Help senior management teams to be disciplined and consistent in implementing, reporting and communicating strategic plans. Specifically, it helps them keep on top of the priorities and initiatives identified in their plan, with software that drives monitoring, reporting and measurement.
It does this by…
PURPOSE & BENEFITS
This innovation improves on what came before because…
It is better than a spreadsheet approach because it:
- facilitates collaboration
- is easier to update dynamically
- drives automatic reporting
- doesn’t let information get lost!
And it is better than complex project management tools:
- because it is easier to set up and get going
- it’s simpler and requires no technological understanding to operate it.
Its various benefits to the customer/end-user include…
- More disciplined implementation of strategy
- Much more confidence that plans will turn into actions and actions into results
- Greater accountability and transparency
- More collaboration
- Less administration
- Less risk of data loss or process lapses.
In the past, this problem was solved by…
It wasn’t! Usually, a table of actions (with timelines, responsibilities) was devised, manually updated and brought up at meetings till too many people forgot to do their actions and it quickly got forgotten.
Thus, the companies that did best were simply those which had the most disciplined people in the management team. There was nothing to help less structured types.
Its predecessors/competitors include…
There are no direct competitors. The alternative is either to use a manual (e.g. spreadsheet) approach that inhibits collaboration and is burdensome for reporting, or complex project management tools that are hard to implement and don’t show the big picture.
It is made for…
Companies which are either launching a new strategic plan or business plan, or for any company that needs to improve its ability to coordinate and drive implementation. It perfectly suits medium-sized companies: those which are big enough to have strategies with multiple components which can be hard to keep track of, but not so massive that they have a total-enterprise solution that they must comply with.
Given that every medium-sized company has a strategy of some sort and how many companies know they are weak in this area, the potential market size is thousands of companies in Australia alone.
It is available for sale through…
Our consulting team.
Soon we will also be offering via our website. However, it is a complex sale that will typically need face-to-face support to complete the purchase.
Our marketing strategy is to…
We will market this tool by:
- conducting client seminars where we co-present with a client on how this technology has helped them
- raising it when we work with clients on strategic planning and recommending what should be done next
- responding to clients who bemoan their implementation effectiveness
- directly marketing via website and brochures
- generating PR.
SHARE THE LOVE
You can show your support for this outstanding Australian innovation in three ways:
- Tweet it: Top left of each page
- Trigger a Reaction: Facebook ‘Like’, etc.
- Leave a Comment: Anonymous comments excluded.
More about the READERS’ CHOICE INDEX.