Forming Circles Global (FCG), a unique angel investment organisation predominantly funding women‐led/founded startups, has opened its spring Kickstart your Business Grant for small businesses.
The grant will give one successful applicant $5,000 cash and the opportunity to be mentored by industry leaders. This is the first grant launched under FCG’s commitment to providing two annual business grants offering $5,000 cash and mentorship to Australian businesses.
Australian women entrepreneurs expanding their business or just looking for cash injection and mentorship to grow are invited to apply. Applications are open from 3rd September and close on 20th September 2015. Winners will be announced on 14th October. The Meet the Mentors Day will take place in Sydney, NSW on 27th October.
Which mentors does FCG have on board?
Mentors have been selected for their ability to provide invaluable advice on scaling businesses for growth and also address common challenges faced by entrepreneurs and include:
- Fiona Anson – serial entrepreneur, co‐founder and director of Workible, a new mobile and social recruitment app for the flexible workforce
- Kim McGiunness – Managing Director of Mentor Central who had previously founded Network Central that was acquired by Women’s Agenda after 15 successful years
- Janine Garner – business adviser, mentor, keynote speaker, international author and founder of the LBDGroup, an Australian women’s business network
- Lee Ussher – co-founder of Buzz Media Web, one of Australia’s leading social media strategists and consultants
- Renata Cooper – founder and CEO of Forming Circles Global, one of Australia’s foremost angel investment organisations
What is the purpose of FCG’s $5,000 grant?
“The grant is part of FCG’s ongoing support for Australian women entrepreneurs. It is designed to give businesses a small helping hand when they need it most and also provide access to industry leaders who can share valuable knowledge and insights, said Renata (pictured).
“The idea is not just to give money, but also add value by helping entrepreneurs with advice from experts who have been in the industry for a long time and have directly or indirectly, shaped the growth of other organisations,” she explained.
Applicants will be gauged on how they will benefit from the grant and use it to grow their business. Mentorship will be conducted as a group session so the winners can access combined brains trust. The winner will also get access to a Coffee with the CEO one-on-one session with Renata on a separate day.