The Australian Home-Based Business Awards (AHBBA) highlight the quality of home-based businesses in Australia and offer the opportunity for small businesses to gain recognition for their products and services. Established by JPG Media since 2005, the awards continue to instill self-confidence and professionalism in Australia’s small business community and provide an ideal avenue for the home-based entrepreneurs to showcase their business success on a national platform.
The Awards are offered to a diverse representation of business interests from traditional trades of plumbers and carpenters to specialized Internet based marketing and giftware operations.
Australian Home-based Business Awards Benefits
2010 prizes – TBA
In 2009 each of the 5 Category winners received $9,000 in prizes and the Overall Winner received a total of $15,000 in prizes.
Each category winner received:
- A Networking World Strategic Alliance Success Club Membership
- Exhibition stands to be included in JPG Media & Exhibitions
- BBX Management Barter Exchange and $2000 trade dollars
The overall winners received further prizes including:
- Attraction Marketing System Coaching program from Profit Minute
- Contact Point – email and SMS marketing
Are you elegible? (Awards Criteria)
To enter the Australian Home-based Business Awards your business must be operated from a home-base in Australia and should fit into one of the categories that are covered under the Awards program. The business must be genuine and have been running for a certain period of time.
Award Dates & Deadlines
Entries for the 2010 Awards will be accepted from February 2010.
Presentation of the 2010 Awards will be held on Thursday July 29th at 4 pm at the Australian Business & IT Expo.
Australian Home-based Business Awards Categories
AHBBA will assist in deciding which award category suits your business.
- Merchandising (e.g. Party Planning, Internet Based, Commission Agent)
- Trade Services (e.g. Carpenter, Electrician, Plumber, Gardener, Painter)
- Personal Services (e.g. Celebrant, Beautician, Hair Care, Fitness Trainer, Pet Care, Photography)
- Business Services (e.g. Accountancy, Bookkeeping, Computer, Financial Services, Courier, Marketing)
- Food & Hospitality (e.g. Caterer, Vigneron, Horticulturist, Farmer, Cheesemaker)
How to enter the Australian Home-based Business Awards
Entry form to be printed from the website: http://www.homebasedbusinessawards.com.au/award.html
Entrants also need to answer the following five questions on a separate paper (limited to 1000 words in total):
- Describe your business, why you chose that business and your vision for the future.
- Describe your customers, what you do to satisfy them and how you measure their satisfaction.
- Describe a successful marketing strategy implemented in your business.
- Describe a problem you have overcome because your business is a home-based business.
- Describe two achievements which have contributed to the growth of your business.
Mail your entry to: JPG Media Pty Ltd. ATT: AHBBA Department, PO Box 254 Drouin, 3818
Australian Home-based Business Awards Contact Details
Phone: 1300 781 980
Fax: 03 5627 6133
Email: [email protected]
GPO Box 4205