- Engagement Policy – Anthill Online (Forums & Blogs)
- Terms & Conditions – Submitting Editorial, Entering Competitions & Awards
- Be a Better Director Competition
Ant Hill Enterprises Pty Ltd (Anthill) and it’s associated services (NotSoFreaky University, GoBetween, 5 Minute Business Plan) is firmly committed to the confidentiality of user data. The following discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for Anthill.
Anthill is bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Commonwealth Privacy Act, except for its activities carried on in the course of journalism. Anthill is exempt from complying with the Privacy Act in relation to its journalism activities.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, please contact: E-mail: info[@]australiananthill.com
What information does Anthill collect?
Anthill collects personal information from a variety of sources, including from members of the public, advertisers, prospective employees, mailing lists, recruitment agencies, contractors and business partners. In general, the personal information Anthill collects includes (but is not limited to) name, address, contact details, gender, occupation, in some cases membership of professional associations and, where relevant, financial information, including credit card information, banking details and income information.
Personal Information you provide: We store the personal information you enter on the Anthill website or give to Anthill in other ways. We obtain most personal information through the Anthill subscription registration process, updates to subscription details and award programs and competitions. You may provide information when you request or acquire a product or service from Anthill or its related companies, provide a product or service to Anthill, complete a survey or questionnaire, enter a competition, participate in forums or when you communicate with Anthill by e-mail, telephone or in writing (for example if you contact customer service or provide feedback).
Automatic collection (Cookies): We may use a feature of your browser called a cookie to assign your computer a ‘User ID’. Cookies do not contain information by which Anthill can identify you. They identify your computer to our servers. You may configure your browser so that you are notified before a cookie is downloaded or so that your browser does not accept cookies. Anthill may use information contained in cookies to make assumptions about the user of the computer and to provide users of that computer with focused advertising which Anthill believes may be of interest, based on that information. To disable your cookies, please refer to the help menu within your Internet browser.
Indirect collection: Anthill endeavours to collect personal information about an individual only from that individual. In some circumstances Anthill may obtain personal information from a third party. If you provide personal information about another person to Anthill, Anthill requires that you inform that person you have done so and provide them with a copy of this policy.
How is our registration data used?
Anthill offers optional services that require registration. Anthill provides some of those services directly; others may be provided on behalf of vendor companies or by Anthill partners. Customer contact information that is collected on behalf of Anthill is used to send relevant information about our company and promotional material from some of our partners. This information is sent only to users who have chosen to receive it and is delivered by Anthill.
No third party is allowed direct access to the information held by Anthill, unless you register to receive third party content (as is sometimes the case with award programs). In addition, users may opt out of receiving future mailings. (See the Opt Out section below). For example, if a customer requests to be notified when information on a selected topic becomes available, Anthill will be the provider of the information on behalf of the third party. These services are clearly labelled as third party communications. Customers always have the option to discontinue services.
How do I access my personal information?
You may access or update the information stored in your profile at any time by sending a request to privacy[@]australiananthill.com.
Who else may receive my personal information?
Anthill does not share any of your personally identifiable information with any person or entity, unless you register to receive third party content (as is sometimes the case with Anthill award programs).
Opt-Out: Users can also remove their personal information from Anthill databases by sending a request via email to privacy[@]australiananthill.com.
Further Information: For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit http://www.privacy.gov.au.
Anthill Online was developed as a place where business owners and professionals can learn, network, seek inspiration and share ideas. As such, we don’t have too many rules. Our intention is to let you, the user, set your own parameters with respect to user-behaviour. However, rules are required to provide structure and help users self-govern.
Below are some simple rules, disclaimers and warnings. Fortunately, most are easy to remember as they require little more than the application of common sense. However, others are provided to protect users and provide a reminder of some important legal considerations and obligations, namely those pertaining to the solicitation of capital, investment in private companies and the protection of intellectual property.
If you violate any of our internal rules by accident, you’ll be given a warning. If you are a repeat offender, you will be banned from our Forums & Blogs. If you ignore or overlook any of the legal considerations and obligations referred to below, you will not only be jeopardising your own commercial livelihood but you may also face legal prosecution.
Here are our list of rules. Read them carefully and follow them wisely.
- Use common sense.
- While it’s great to have strong opinions, don’t be abusive. There is a fine line between constructive feedback and negative slurs.
- Similarly, while it’s great to have a sense of humour, a joke is a joke only if both parties find it funny. Sarcasm rarely translates well on the internet.
- We value free speech, but please don’t post someone else’s copyrighted material. We really don’t want to be sued because of users’ failure to observe Rule #1.
- With regard to signatures, you may post affiliate links or logos but please try to avoid using anything gratuitously promotional or annoying. You’ll only be harming yourself.
- No nudity or sexually explicit material, unless presented to make a specific point relating to business and business growth. While we have no problem with nudity, there are other sites better able to satisfy our users’ voyeuristic needs.
- Slurs against race, religion or sexual orientation will not be tolerated.
- No spamming. Self-promotion is ok, in the context of a valuable contribution to a Forum discussion.
- Pay it forward. If you are enjoying the benefits of Anthill Magazine or Anthill Online, tell a friend. It’s fun to share and it will add to your experience.
- If you come across any post that appears to be in violation of these 10 rules, please report it by emailing your observation to: admin[@]australiananthill.com.
Below are some legal considerations. Read them carefully and observe them diligently.
It’s also important that we, Ant Hill Enterprises Pty Ltd (the publishers of Anthill Online and Anthill Magazine) make it very clear that we do not in any way endorse the ideas put forward in any of the Forums on our website. We enjoy the clever things (as well as the not-so-clever things) you say and do. And we hope that you make many valuable personal and commercial relationships through your association with Anthill.
But, to make things clear, we are a media provider and not in the business of brokering business relationships. We are not a brokering service. We don’t stand to gain from brokerage fees or any direct form of fiscal remuneration for deals or business relationships that may or may not arise as a result of discussions on our website.
Also, for your own good, if you do intend to promote your ideas and/or business through our website for the purpose of building personal and commercial relationships, please make sure that you are not undermining your potential to secure intellectual property (IP) protection. There are many articles on this site about the value of robust IP and how to protect your ideas. However, they are not exhaustive and should not be relied on in place of professional legal advice. As a starting point, we recommend that you visit: www.ipaustralia.com.au.
And please make sure that you do not accidentally (or deliberately) breach Australian laws regarding the solicitation of capital. There are various Federal Laws that limit the ability of Australian businesses and individuals to solicit capital with and without a prospectus. Once again, there are numerous articles on this topic on the Anthill website.
However, once again, they are not exhaustive and should not be relied on in place of professional legal advice. As a starting point, we recommend that you visit: www.asic.gov.au.
If you intend to use Anthill products and services, such as Anthill Magazine or Anthill Online, to unearth promising ideas and/or business opportunities, please be aware that any investment made in a private company is high risk. Please seek professional advice before investing or engaging in commercial activities. Ant Hill Enterprises Pty Ltd takes no responsibility for any representations made or for any information posted by individuals or businesses published in Anthill Magazine or as part of Anthill Online.
In short, be mindful of your legal obligations when posting comments or connecting with others on the Anthill website. Be courteous and treat others with respect. Use common sense and, most importantly, have fun!
The following Terms & Conditions relate to the submission of editorial for the purposes of possible future publication (including letters to the editor) and the submission of applications and entries for the purposes of participation in Anthill awards programs and competitions. The term ‘entry’ is used to refer to both editorial submissions and award applications or competitions.
- All entries submitted to Ant Hill Enterprises Pty Ltd (Anthill), including ideas, concepts and suggestions, must be properly protected by the person(s) or organisation(s) submitting the entry. Anthill cannot be held responsible for any copyright or patent infringements or breaches, losses or damages (financial or otherwise) that arise from the submission of an entry.
- By submitting your entry you consent to being contacted by Anthill or a representative of Anthill to answer any relevant questions needed to establish clarity, or garner further information.
- By submitting an entry you agree to Anthill publishing your entry in full or in part.
- By submitting your entry you agree to it being edited by Anthill for publication, for reasons of space and/or clarity.
- No payment will be made for the submission and subsequent publication by Anthill of an entry.
- There is no guarantee that an entry will be published.
- You warrant that the entry material presented is true and accurate and you own original work and not copied in whole or in part from any other person living or dead and that to the best of your knowledge and belief it does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- You confirm that the details you have provided in the entry are correct.
- Anthill will not accept responsibility for late, lost, damaged or misdirected entries.
- Entries become the property of Anthill. By submitting your entry to Anthill you grant Anthill a worldwide licence to use your entry in whole or in part for publication in Anthill Magazine and associated media, owned or controlled by Anthill, such as websites, or through the publication of books and ebooks.
- This licence granted by you does not preclude you from publishing your entry elsewhere.
- Anthill retains sole discretion to publish the entry in print media, website, and elsewhere in the media.
- You consent to Anthill using your entry for promoting Anthill products and services without attributing to you the authorship of the entry, without you inspecting or approving the entry.
- The content of the entry is protected by Australian and international copyright laws. All rights are reserved by Anthill.
- You must not submit an entry, which is unlawful, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
- Anthill will review the entry, and reserves the right to reject any entries submitted.
- By submitting your entry you agree to release Anthill from any losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising from the initiative or Anthill’s use and reproduction of your entry.
BE A BETTER DIRECTOR COMPETITION – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All entrants to the ‘Be a better director’ competition (“the Competition”) must read and accept the following Terms.
By submitting an entry to Anthill Online (“Anthill”, “Us”, “We”, “Our”) for the Competition, the entrant (“You”, “Your”) acknowledges, agrees and consents to the following:
1. Anthill are responsible for managing all aspects of the Competition. All Competition queries should be directed to [email protected]
2. The Competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in the determination of a winner. You must correctly answer and complete the Competition question in order to be eligible to win. The single best entry, as determined by the Australian Institute of Company Directors (“AICD”) in its sole discretion, will win the Competition and will be eligible for the Prize. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. Entries must be completed and submitted via Anthill’s online form by the closing date stated on the application form.
4. Only one entry to the Competition is permitted per person.
5. In order to be eligible to win the Competition You must be eligible to become a member of the AICD and:
(a) be 18 years old or over;
(b) have the right to live and work in Australia for a period of at least 5 years from the date of Your entry;
(c) have never been found guilty of a criminal offence, or had an offence proven against You but no conviction recorded;
(d) have never been subject to an order banning You from being a director, from providing financial services or from engaging in any other activity; and
(e) have never been bankrupt or been bankrupt but had the bankruptcy annulled.
6. Anthill reserve the right to reject an entry from the Competition, at its discretion, if the entry includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory language, or for any other reason.
7. The Competition winner will be notified via email and announced on Anthill’s website (“Winner Announcement”).
8. If the AICD are unable to contact the Competition winner within 10 days of the Winner Announcement, another valid entrant will be chosen as the winner at the AICD’s discretion. This process will continue until either the Prize is claimed by a winner chosen by the AICD or valid entries are exhausted, whichever occurs first.
9. On submission each entry becomes the property of the AICD and the entrant agrees to assign copyright in the entry to the AICD and consents to the AICD doing (or omitting to do) any acts in respect of the entry which may otherwise constitute an infringement of an entrant’s moral rights. Each entrant warrants to the AICD that the Work submitted is an original work of the entrant and does not infringe any rights of any third party and indemnifies the AICD against all loss or damage incurred by the AICD arising from a breach of the warranty.
10. The Competition prize includes the following only (“the Prize”):
(a) Free 12-month membership with the AICD (subject to the AICD’s eligibility requirements); and
(b) Attendance at an AICD three-day Foundations of Directorship Course (“FOD”) in the Australian state within which the winner resides. The Prize does not include transport to the FOD, or accommodation, or any meals outside of those provided during the normal course offering or any other costs associated with the winner’s attendance at the FOD.
The total Prize value is AUD$4,000.
11. The Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. No refund of the Prize will be given for any cancellation of the AICD membership or non-attendance at the FOD.
12. The Competition winner must become an AICD member within three months from the date of the Winner Announcement and must attend the FOD within six months from the date they become an AICD member.
13. AICD reserve the right to cancel or amend the Competition at its discretion and without notice.
14. You must ensure that any personal and sensitive information, as defined by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Personal Information”), You provide to Us is true and accurate.
15. You consent to Anthill collecting, using and disclosing Your Personal Information for the following and related purposes:
(a) Anthill processing Your entry to participate in the Competition and related administration; and
(b) Disclosing Your Personal Information to the AICD for the purpose of the AICD assessing Your Competition entry and membership suitability;
(c) for the AICD to direct market to You. If the AICD uses Your Personal Information for this purpose You will be given the opportunity to opt-out of receiving those communications; and
(d) if You are the winner:
(i) the publication of Your full name and State or Territory where You are resident on the AICD’s website or other promotional material relating to the Competition;
(ii) the AICD contacting You to award You the Prize and manage your AICD membership application and FOD enrolment;
(iii) the AICD contacting You after the award of the Prize to seek further information about You which You have the right to decline to give and You may decline any further contact seeking further information about You; and
(e) Your Personal Information will be handled in accordance with the following privacy policies:
16. To the extent permitted by law, Anthill and the AICD:
(i) make no express or implied warranty other than any warranty expressly provided in these Terms; and
(ii) exclude all liability for any loss, injury or damage occasioned in consequence of any breach of these Terms or in relation to the Competition whatsoever. To the extent that liability cannot be excluded at law, Anthill and AICD’s liability is limited in the aggregate to AUD$20,000.
17. These Terms contain the entire agreement between You and Anthill and the AICD and may not be varied under any circumstances, except where required by the AICD and without notice.