- Engagement Policy – Anthill Online (Forums & Blogs)
- Terms & Conditions – Submitting Editorial, Entering Competitions & Awards
Ant Hill Enterprises Pty Ltd (Anthill) is firmly committed to the confidentiality of user data. The following discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for Anthill.
Anthill is bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Commonwealth Privacy Act, except for its activities carried on in the course of journalism. Anthill is exempt from complying with the Privacy Act in relation to its journalism activities.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, please contact: E-mail: events[@]australiananthill.com
What information does Anthill collect?
Anthill collects personal information from a variety of sources, including from members of the public, advertisers, prospective employees, mailing lists, recruitment agencies, contractors and business partners. In general, the personal information Anthill collects includes (but is not limited to) name, address, contact details, gender, occupation, in some cases membership of professional associations and, where relevant, financial information, including credit card information, banking details and income information.
Personal Information you provide: We store the personal information you enter on the Anthill website or give to Anthill in other ways. We obtain most personal information through the Anthill subscription registration process, updates to subscription details and award programs and competitions. You may provide information when you request or acquire a product or service from Anthill or its related companies, provide a product or service to Anthill, complete a survey or questionnaire, enter a competition, participate in forums or when you communicate with Anthill by e-mail, telephone or in writing (for example if you contact customer service or provide feedback).
Automatic collection (Cookies): We may use a feature of your browser called a cookie to assign your computer a ‘User ID’. Cookies do not contain information by which Anthill can identify you. They identify your computer to our servers. You may configure your browser so that you are notified before a cookie is downloaded or so that your browser does not accept cookies. Anthill may use information contained in cookies to make assumptions about the user of the computer and to provide users of that computer with focused advertising which Anthill believes may be of interest, based on that information. To disable your cookies, please refer to the help menu within your Internet browser.
Indirect collection: Anthill endeavours to collect personal information about an individual only from that individual. In some circumstances Anthill may obtain personal information from a third party. If you provide personal information about another person to Anthill, Anthill requires that you inform that person you have done so and provide them with a copy of this policy.
How is our registration data used?
Anthill offers optional services that require registration. Anthill provides some of those services directly; others may be provided on behalf of vendor companies or by Anthill partners. Customer contact information that is collected on behalf of Anthill is used to send relevant information about our company and promotional material from some of our partners. This information is sent only to users who have chosen to receive it and is delivered by Anthill.
No third party is allowed direct access to the information held by Anthill, unless you register to receive third party content (as is sometimes the case with award programs). In addition, users may opt out of receiving future mailings. (See the Opt Out section below). For example, if a customer requests to be notified when information on a selected topic becomes available, Anthill will be the provider of the information on behalf of the third party. These services are clearly labelled as third party communications. Customers always have the option to discontinue services.
How do I access my personal information?
You may access or update the information stored in your profile at any time by sending a request to privacy[@]australiananthill.com.
Who else may receive my personal information?
Anthill does not share any of your personally identifiable information with any person or entity, unless you register to receive third party content (as is sometimes the case with Anthill award programs).
Opt-Out: Users can also remove their personal information from Anthill databases by sending a request via email to privacy[@]australiananthill.com.
Further Information: For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit http://www.privacy.gov.au.
Anthill Online was developed as a place where business owners and professionals can learn, network, seek inspiration and share ideas. As such, we don’t have too many rules. Our intention is to let you, the user, set your own parameters with respect to user-behaviour. However, rules are required to provide structure and help users self-govern.
Below are some simple rules, disclaimers and warnings. Fortunately, most are easy to remember as they require little more than the application of common sense. However, others are provided to protect users and provide a reminder of some important legal considerations and obligations, namely those pertaining to the solicitation of capital, investment in private companies and the protection of intellectual property.
If you violate any of our internal rules by accident, you’ll be given a warning. If you are a repeat offender, you will be banned from our Forums & Blogs. If you ignore or overlook any of the legal considerations and obligations referred to below, you will not only be jeopardising your own commercial livelihood but you may also face legal prosecution.
Here are our list of rules. Read them carefully and follow them wisely.
- Use common sense.
- While it’s great to have strong opinions, don’t be abusive. There is a fine line between constructive feedback and negative slurs.
- Similarly, while it’s great to have a sense of humour, a joke is a joke only if both parties find it funny. Sarcasm rarely translates well on the internet.
- We value free speech, but please don’t post someone else’s copyrighted material. We really don’t want to be sued because of users’ failure to observe Rule #1.
- With regard to signatures, you may post affiliate links or logos but please try to avoid using anything gratuitously promotional or annoying. You’ll only be harming yourself.
- No nudity or sexually explicit material, unless presented to make a specific point relating to business and business growth. While we have no problem with nudity, there are other sites better able to satisfy our users’ voyeuristic needs.
- Slurs against race, religion or sexual orientation will not be tolerated.
- No spamming. Self-promotion is ok, in the context of a valuable contribution to a Forum discussion.
- Pay it forward. If you are enjoying the benefits of Anthill Magazine or Anthill Online, tell a friend. It’s fun to share and it will add to your experience.
- If you come across any post that appears to be in violation of these 10 rules, please report it by emailing your observation to: admin[@]australiananthill.com.
Below are some legal considerations. Read them carefully and observe them diligently.
It’s also important that we, Ant Hill Enterprises Pty Ltd (the publishers of Anthill Online and Anthill Magazine) make it very clear that we do not in any way endorse the ideas put forward in any of the Forums on our website. We enjoy the clever things (as well as the not-so-clever things) you say and do. And we hope that you make many valuable personal and commercial relationships through your association with Anthill.
But, to make things clear, we are a media provider and not in the business of brokering business relationships. We are not a brokering service. We don’t stand to gain from brokerage fees or any direct form of fiscal remuneration for deals or business relationships that may or may not arise as a result of discussions on our website.
Also, for your own good, if you do intend to promote your ideas and/or business through our website for the purpose of building personal and commercial relationships, please make sure that you are not undermining your potential to secure intellectual property (IP) protection. There are many articles on this site about the value of robust IP and how to protect your ideas. However, they are not exhaustive and should not be relied on in place of professional legal advice. As a starting point, we recommend that you visit: www.ipaustralia.com.au.
And please make sure that you do not accidentally (or deliberately) breach Australian laws regarding the solicitation of capital. There are various Federal Laws that limit the ability of Australian businesses and individuals to solicit capital with and without a prospectus. Once again, there are numerous articles on this topic on the Anthill website.
However, once again, they are not exhaustive and should not be relied on in place of professional legal advice. As a starting point, we recommend that you visit: www.asic.gov.au.
If you intend to use Anthill products and services, such as Anthill Magazine or Anthill Online, to unearth promising ideas and/or business opportunities, please be aware that any investment made in a private company is high risk. Please seek professional advice before investing or engaging in commercial activities. Ant Hill Enterprises Pty Ltd takes no responsibility for any representations made or for any information posted by individuals or businesses published in Anthill Magazine or as part of Anthill Online.
In short, be mindful of your legal obligations when posting comments or connecting with others on the Anthill website. Be courteous and treat others with respect. Use common sense and, most importantly, have fun!
The following Terms & Conditions relate to the submission of editorial for the purposes of possible future publication (including letters to the editor) and the submission of applications and entries for the purposes of participation in Anthill awards programs and competitions. The term ‘entry’ is used to refer to both editorial submissions and award applications or competitions.
- All entries submitted to Ant Hill Enterprises Pty Ltd (Anthill), including ideas, concepts and suggestions, must be properly protected by the person(s) or organisation(s) submitting the entry. Anthill cannot be held responsible for any copyright or patent infringements or breaches, losses or damages (financial or otherwise) that arise from the submission of an entry.
- By submitting your entry you consent to being contacted by Anthill or a representative of Anthill to answer any relevant questions needed to establish clarity, or garner further information.
- By submitting an entry you agree to Anthill publishing your entry in full or in part.
- By submitting your entry you agree to it being edited by Anthill for publication, for reasons of space and/or clarity.
- No payment will be made for the submission and subsequent publication by Anthill of an entry.
- There is no guarantee that an entry will be published.
- You warrant that the entry material presented is true and accurate and you own original work and not copied in whole or in part from any other person living or dead and that to the best of your knowledge and belief it does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- You confirm that the details you have provided in the entry are correct.
- Anthill will not accept responsibility for late, lost, damaged or misdirected entries.
- Entries become the property of Anthill. By submitting your entry to Anthill you grant Anthill a worldwide licence to use your entry in whole or in part for publication in Anthill Magazine and associated media, owned or controlled by Anthill, such as websites, or through the publication of books and ebooks.
- This licence granted by you does not preclude you from publishing your entry elsewhere.
- Anthill retains sole discretion to publish the entry in print media, website, and elsewhere in the media.
- You consent to Anthill using your entry for promoting Anthill products and services without attributing to you the authorship of the entry, without you inspecting or approving the entry.
- The content of the entry is protected by Australian and international copyright laws. All rights are reserved by Anthill.
- You must not submit an entry, which is unlawful, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
- Anthill will review the entry, and reserves the right to reject any entries submitted.
- By submitting your entry you agree to release Anthill from any losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising from the initiative or Anthill’s use and reproduction of your entry.
Our Policy for Protecting Your Online Privacy
This website uses Google Analytics to help analyze how users use the site. The tool uses “cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ us of the webiste and to compile statistical reports on website activity for [enter company name].
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of visitors to our site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.