Show your support for this innovation. Tweet it. Like it on Facebook. Leave a comment.
The following SMART 100 profile and the information it contains is a duplication of content submitted by the applicant during the entry process. As a function of entry, applicants were required to declare that all details are factually correct, do not infringe on another’s intellectual property and are not unlawful, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, obscene, or otherwise objectionable. Some profiles have been edited for reasons of space and clarity. More about the SMART 100.
Yellowfin for the iPhone and iPad (VIC)
This innovation initially came to life when…
Yellowfin realised its current application for the iPhone and iPad didn’t provide a compelling and intuitive user experience. Yellowfin’s new application aims to differentiate the company from the dryness and complexity of other BI vendors by delivering a consumer-oriented mobile application for business analytics. Why? Because analyst firm Gartner states that ease-of-use is now the most important factor in any BI solution, but TDWI research shows that user adoption rates – the number of people within an organisation who actually use BI software on a regular basis to help make business decisions – are low.
WHAT & HOW
The purpose of this innovation is to…
Make the consumption of Business Intelligence information on mobile devices a collaborative and compelling user experience that is incredibly easy to deploy, thereby increasing user adoption and ROI to our customers.
It does this by…
Presenting business users with a highly intuitive user interface that allows them to quickly view, analyze and interact with all their key business metrics, and collaborate with their peers.
Significantly, unlike our competitors, the application re-formats and presents content created in the browser interface to users without the need for separate mobile content development, decreasing cost and maintenance by IT.
PURPOSE & BENEFITS
This innovation improves on what came before because…
- Easy to use/consumer-oriented: interact with reports, share content, contribute to discussion or initiate action with a single touch.
- Collaborative: overlay knowledge onto business data – via comment streams and annotations. Supporting collaborative decision making.
- Author once, consume anywhere: instantly access data remotely without having to re-create content for the mobile platform saving time and money.
Its various benefits to the customer/end-user include…
- Faster decision making: companies with Mobile BI make decisions six times faster – Aberdeen Group.
- Better decision making: receive and share up-to-date information to improve decision making.
- Improved user adoption rates: companies with Mobile BI double usership – Aberdeen Group.
In the past, this problem was solved by…
Pushing static reports to mobile devices via email or very basic mobile applications. These static reports did not offer depth of analysis or interactivity. The user interface was normally a recreation of the BI vendor’s desktop application, and hence did not include in-app collaborative features (comment streams, annotations or alerts).
Its predecessors/competitors include…
- Information Builders
- Tibco Spotfire
It is made for…
BI consumers. That is, business people – with a focus on non-technical report consumers, as opposed to data analysts and report creators. BI consumers use, but do not perform, significant data analysis to make decisions. Primary user groups include the executive management team and line managers – people who rely on up-to-date fact-based information to underpin day-to-day decision making.
It is available for sale through…
Apple’s App Store – the application is currently available for free download.
For organisations wishing to trial Yellowfin on their own data, inquires should be directed to the Contact Us section of Yellowfin’s official website: www.yellowfinbi.com/YFContact.i4.
Our marketing strategy is to…
Promote Yellowfin’s new application for the iPhone and mobile reporting and analytics capabilities via:
- Social Media
- Blog/content marketing
- Thought leadership (white papers, brochures, videos, research sponsorship)
- Google Adwords
- LinkedIn Ads
- Industry analysts
- Inclusion in industry studies and comparative rankings research
- Direct marketing campaigns
- Our global network of partners, resellers and distributors.
SHARE THE LOVE
You can show your support for this outstanding Australian innovation in three ways:
- Tweet it: Top left of each page
- Trigger a Reaction: Facebook ‘Like’, etc.
- Leave a Comment: Anonymous comments excluded.
More about the READERS’ CHOICE INDEX.
This free report includes three tried and tested templates to start getting real recommendations on LinkedIn... from clients and customers. Click here >>