First came the Skype interview… now the video interview revolution is fully upon us with the launch of myInterview.com, a brand new video recruitment website designed to streamline the hiring process and slash its cost by half.
myInterview.com aims to help job seekers find their dream job by allowing businesses to screen candidates by video, eliminating the need for employers to rely solely on paper resumes in their attempt to find the ideal candidate.
After all, paper is so first century!
The idea for this platform was formed shortly after founders Benjy Gillman and Guy Abelsohn (pictured above) finished high school in 2009 and found it difficult to find a job.
Frustrated with the hiring process, the two school friends turned to technology to invent a platform which would ease the job-hunt for both candidates and employers.
Move over paper resume, video is here
The platform allows employers to customise questions to their specific needs, review applicants video applications and contact prospective candidates.
This allows employers to focus on their core business function, while screening can be reviewed at their convenience on laptop, mobile or iPad devices.
Abelsohn pointed out that the main advantage of myInterview.com is that you are able to see into the individual’s core qualities to decide if they are a good fit for your company’s culture.
“It can be very difficult to convey everything about yourself on a single sheet of paper, such as a resume. myInterview.com allows you to do this, enhancing your prospects of finding a job.”
The website was launched in beta phase in late 2014 after four years of development.
They have since used user feedback to improve their offering and have just rolled out an enhanced filtering and sorting system for employers to review candidate applications.
Gillman revealed to Anthill that they already have 400 users and are growing rapidly.
He further revealed that they have struck some partnerships with local universities such as the International College of Management Sydney in Manly who will start using myInterview this year to prepare students for the workforce. They are also attending the Macquarie University Career Fair in March.
Slashing the cost of hiring by half for SMEs
The website allows for the video revolution to be delivered to SMEs at a minimal cost of approximately 50 per cent less time and money than traditional recruitment services.
“Video technology can be expensive, especially for SMEs,” Gillman remarked. “We’ve made it both affordable and worthwhile so that video screening can be as quick and easy as phone screening.”
He highlighted the following myInterview features as the factors behind this:
- Elimination of the phone interview: Typically it takes recruitment managers an hour to complete three phone interviews, in this time a manager can review more than 10 myInterview submissions. It also cuts out the time taken to schedule the phone calls.
- Advanced candidate-filtering system: The filtering system allows employers to shortlist candidates based on their experience, skills and proximity to the workplace, no more going though hundreds of resumes that can take hours.
- Collaborate function: For larger businesses the Collaborate function gives different members of the workplace authorities to review the candidates with unique logins and identifications. This means that both a department manager and an HR manager can review applicants at their convenience.
- Simple user interface: myInterview.com is easy to navigate and it provides businesses with a unique URL that directs candidates to apply for roles from; job boards, social media, referrals and careers pages.
- Contact: Employers can e-mail and request references from candidates using myInterview. No need for hundreds of unnecessary e-mails, choose a template or customise an e-mail and select the recipients you wish to send it to.
“All of these features mean that employers get a better understanding of the candidates and their suitability for the role, meaning they can make a more informed decision about whom they bring in for a face-to-face interview,” Gillman said.
“SMEs can spend more time focusing on their core function and save on the often burdensome cost of a recruiter. myInterview costs $199 per job opening with unlimited applicants and archived for future reference,” he added.