Talking Business is a podcast review of the Australian economy, presented by seasoned business journalists Leon Gettler and Garry Barker, produced in association with the RMIT College of Business. It features interviews with prominent business leaders and expert analysis from RMIT academics.
Start-ups and venture capital: a roundtable discussion
How great of a challenge do Australian entrepreneurs face in trying to set up their own businesses? Successful start-ups depend on venture capital to grow and thrive, yet many innovative idea-smiths fail to impress investors with an inadequate understanding of the commercial side of their businesses. In this new year, is there a disconnect growing between business founders and funds?
You won’t want to miss this special edition podcast, featuring eight (count ’em, eight!) influential investors and start-up specialists and their insights on promoting a healthy venture capital industry in Australia.
The featured guests are:
- Vern Bowles, founder of Hatchtech
- Darren Kelly, CFO of Fibre-Tech
- Grant McLachlan, CEO of Neuprotect
- Chris Nave, co-founder of Brandon Capital Partners
- Michael Panaccio, Investment Principal at Starfish Ventures
- Brigitte Smith, Managing Director of GBS Venture Partners
- Stuart Snell, Communications Manager of AVCAL
- Katherine Woodthorpe, CEO of AVCAL
Press play to listen.
Garry Barker and Leon Gettler both have established careers with The Age newspaper, where Garry Barker is its Technology Editor, and Leon Gettler is a Senior Business Journalist. Gettler also works freelance on a number of other publications.