The sixth instalment of The Wall Street Journal’s D: All Things Digital conference, held in late May, was about as close as tech events come to Nirvana.
How’s this for a line-up:
- Bill Gates – Chairman, Microsoft
- Steve Ballmer – CEO, Microsoft
- Rupert Murdoch – Chairman and CEO, News Corporation
- Mark Zuckerberg – CEO, Facebook
- Sheryl Sandberg – COO, Facebook
- Michael Dell – Chairman and CEO, Dell
- Howard Stringer – Chairman and CEO, Sony
- Jeff Bezos – Chairman and CEO, Amazon.com
- Barry Diller – Chairman and CEO, IAC
- Jeff Bewkes – President and CEO, Time Warner
- Kevin Martin – Chairman, Federal Communications Commission
- Tom Glocer – CEO, Thomson Reuters Corp.
- Tom Rogers – President and CEO, TiVo
- Robert Kotick – Chairman and CEO, Activision
- Melinda Gates – Co-chair, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Nathan Myhrvold – CEO, Intellectual Ventures
- Lowell McAdam – President and CEO, Verizon Wireless
- Jerry Yang | Co-Founder and CEO, Yahoo
- Sue Decker | President, Yahoo
Never a dull moment. And thanks to the wonders of modern technology, you can watch all the video here. Especially memorable is the footage of the Journal’s new owner, Rupert Murdoch (part 1 of 6 is embedded below).