The six best entrepreneurs from the Southern Region (Victoria and Tasmania) were named at the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards in Melbourne last Thursday night.
The six Southern Region winners for 2009 were:
- Andrew Grant, CO2 Group (Cleantech category)
- Mark Ryan, Tassal Group Limited (Listed category)
- Joe Calleja, Apex Group (Products category)
- Paul Constantinou, Quest Serviced Apartments (Services category)
- Greg Roebuck, Carsales.com (Technology & Emerging Industries category)
- Ruslan Kogan, Kogan Technologies (Young Entrepreneur category)
Prominent food writer, cook and restaurateur Stephanie Alexander was named Southern Region Social Entrepreneur Of The Year for her work with the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation. And leading fashion retailer and arts, science and education benefactor Naomi Milgrom was awarded the Southern Region Champion of Entrepreneurship, recognising her business achievements as the sole owner, Executive Chair and CEO of the Sussan Group.
The Southern Region category winners and social entrepreneur will go on to compete in the 2009 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year national awards in November.