The future of our oceans depends on making ethical, sustainable choices that positively impact our environment.
If you’re passionate about making positive environmental impact within the sustainable seafood industry, there is an exciting opportunity to join Seafood For Good 12-week accelerator program run by sustainable fishing company, Austral Fisheries, and social innovation hub StartSomeGood.
Austral Fisheries is one of Australia’s largest integrated fishing companies, recognized for their responsible fishing practices and efforts in maintaining environmentally friendly and sustainable fishing methods.
How does the Seafood For Good Accelerator work?
The Seafood for Good Accelerator is looking for four B2C solutions to join with the goal of increasing the consumption, knowledge and consumer preference for sustainable seafood in Australia.
We are bringing together some of the smartest people in innovation, customer development and sustainable seafood to guide and support you along your journey.
In the end the two most commercially viable solutions will receive funding and support from Austral as a key partner and supplier to launch their respective products.
Why Seafood For Good Accelerator?
- A 12-week accelerator program, delivered virtually, featuring masterclasses, group coaching, and individual mentoring to help you design and prepare to launch your sustainable seafood product by Summer.
- A 3 day retreat which will most likely be delivered virtually supported by key speakers and mentors assigned to assist you on your journey.
- Two solutions will get $25,000 in (non-equity) seed funding from Austral and help to match it via crowdfunding
- Once you’ve succeeded at your test crowdfunding campaign, Austral will work with you as a key partner to commercially launch your product
What’s the criteria?
- The “solution” must increase consumer knowledge and preference for sustainable seafood.
- Solutions must take the form of a business-to-consumer product which features sustainable seafood
- Must be able to charge a premium for sustainable product
- Must be Australian-based and have the possibility to go national
- Participants can be a start-up, a new product from an existing company or a non-profit irrespective of company structure
What’s the timeline?
- May 27th is the application deadline.
- By June the 1st we would have selected the 4 solutions.
- The accelerator kicks off on June the 4th.
- The retreat whether it be in personal or virtual is from June 11–13th.
- The top 2 solutions are chosen for crowdfunding on August the 7th.
- Followed by a product launch with Austral by November 2020.
This is an opportunity to enter an emerging market with untapped potential and be supported by key industry professionals as well as a sustainability giant within the Seafood Industry.
If you’re interested in registering your interest or learning more about the Seafood For Good Accelerator click here.