Heads up, Queenslanders.
The Government of Queensland has just announced Startup Queensland. The initiative aims to enhance the local startup community, by delivering practical information, advice and networking opportunities, collaboration, connectivity, and transformational entrepreneurship.
You can apply to Startup Queensland if your business meets the following criteria:
- is conducted on a not-for-profit basis
- will have a broad impact on the Queensland startup community
- focuses on building entrepreneurial and startup capability
- delivers practical information, advice and networking opportunities (for example, through webinars, networking activities, presentations, mentoring sessions, workshops, and forums)
- aligns with the Science and Innovation Action Plan and the focus areas from the Queensland Startup Summit report.
Those applicants whose startups involve other organisations are highly encouraged.
Showing Queensland the money…
Here’s the exciting part.Available funding of $300,000 (excluding GST) will contribute up to 50% of the total eligible activity costs, up to a maximum of $25,000 (excluding GST) per activity. Total activity costs may include in-kind contributions.
Want to get your name in the hat? Use the application form to apply for your slice of the Startup Queensland pie. After the application is completed and signed, send a scanned copy of the application to the official email address for Startup Queensland.
Also, be sure to check out the guidelines for applicants for the full scoop.