Like this innovation? Show your support by tweeting it, ‘liking’ it on Facebook, or leaving a comment below.
1. THE BEGINNING
This innovation came to life when…
This innovation came to life when I realised surgeons need help — they are surgeons, not business specialists. There was a desperate gap in the market. It was not enough to simply renovate rooms for them, the entire service offering was needed to give peace of mind, security, trust.
We provide a complete niche package to help Surgeons run their private practice. Surgeons are crucial for all of us — this innovation gives my doctors confidence that they can do what they do best and the business is protected/growing. This is why I believe Rooms with Style should be shortlisted.
2. WHAT & HOW
The purpose of this innovation is to…
Purpose: a one-stop shop of services tailored to assisting surgeons in private practice.
Problem: surgeons are not generally business-minded — and struggle particularly with HR matters.
Outcome: peace of mind! Reduced stress. Happy surgeons.
It does this by…
The surgeon makes contact with our business or we make contact with them via hospitals and medical colleges. We meet to discover the stage they are at, what they need most.
We present to them the services that solve their most pressing concern.
We tailor the service to suit them, their lifestyle, their staff.
3. PURPOSE & BENEFITS
This innovation improves on what came before because…
This innovation works because it is offered to a niche group. Rooms with Style understands every aspect of private practice. We get it. Competitors provide some of the individual services but they offer the service they provide generically to multiple industries. Surgeons are time-poor and need to have trust. They come to us then have to look no further.
The benefits to the customer/end-user include…
Benefits to the surgeon are:
- they know they are compliant regarding building codes, practice requirements and HR obligations.
- cost-effective as services are tailored to their budget.
- surgeons don’t have to shop around — we cover all bases for them.
4. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
In the past, this problem was solved by…
The old-fashioned model of a practice manager trying to do everything, be everything. With Rooms with Style they spend less than a manager and benefit from a whole team of experts. Practice managers would not have the depth of knowledge and skill set to achieve what we can! That is why it is innovative!
Its predecessors/competitors include…
Lots of individual companies would need to work independently to achieve the same outcomes as we do. A building company can renovate rooms, but has no idea of staffing and marketing services that doctors need and vice versa.
5. TARGET MARKET
This innovation is made for…
- Surgeons who are in rooms with other doctors and have had to move on, are unhappy or disgruntled.
- Surgeons wanting to form larger entities — centres of excellence.
- Surgeons in their mid-forties who decide now it is time to do things better! Go for their goals.
- Startup surgeons — starting in private practice, terrified about what to do, not to do.
- Surgeons ongoing — with recurring needs such as recruitment, to improve their branding, redo rooms, deal with HR problems or growth.
6. DISTRIBUTION STRATEGY
It is available for sale through…
We consult face-to-face with our surgeons. We assist via the hospitals to provide direct service to new doctors as they enter private practice.
We provide back office support and phone support.
Our marketing strategy is to…
- presentations at surgical colleges
- word of mouth introduction
- College of Surgeons
- we provide articles for medical publications
- we target market to areas where we are currently working
- we look to value add to current clients
Your Turn — VOTE!
If this SMART 100 innovation wowed you, why not get the word out?
- Tweet it: Top left of each page
- Trigger a Reaction: Facebook ‘Like’, etc.
- Leave a Comment: Anonymous comments excluded.
We’ll use your vote to create the 2013 SMART 100 Readers’ Choice Index. Learn more here!
This SMART 100 profile and the information it contains is a duplication of content submitted by the applicant during the entry process. As a function of entry, applicants were required to declare that all details are factually correct, do not infringe on another’s intellectual property and are not unlawful, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, obscene, or otherwise objectionable. Some profiles have been edited for reasons of space and clarity.