PreneurCast is a marketing podcast. Each week, author and marketer Pete Williams and digital media producer Dom Goucher discuss entrepreneurship, business, internet marketing and productivity.
Dan Coyle is the author of The Talent Code, a book about how some of the world’s most successful athletes train and develop their talent. There are a lot of lessons in the book for all walks of life, not just sport, and we discusses these in this episode of PreneurCast.
Pete talks to Dan on how to develop a technique to improve your talent
Drawing on some crazy cutting-edge neurology, and firsthand research gathered on “field trips” to nine of the world’s leading talent hotbeds — from the baseball fields of the Caribbean to a classical-music academy in upstate New York – In the conversation Dan covers the key elements that will allow you to develop your talent and optimize your performance, not just in sports but business, marketing and entrepreneurship.
- Deep Practice – Everyone knows that practice is a key to success. What everyone doesn’t know is that specific kinds of practice can increase skill up to ten times faster than conventional practice.
- Ignition – We all need a little motivation to get started. But what separates truly high achievers from the rest of the pack?
- Master Coaching – What are the secrets of the world’s most effective ? They all have “the right type” of coaches.
These three key elements work together within your brain to form what is called myelin – a microscopic neural substance that adds vast amounts of speed and accuracy to your thoughts and movements. Neuroscientists have discovered that myelin might just be the key: the foundation of all forms of greatness, from Michelangelo’s to Michael Jordan’s.
The awesome news about myelin is that it isn’t fixed at birth; no no no, it grows … and like anything that grows, it can be cultivated and nourished.
So how do you grow myelin? Listen to this episode of PreneurCast with Dan Coyle and find out.
“Practice doesn’t make perfect. Practice makes myelin, and myelin makes perfect.” ― Daniel Coyle
Links From This Episode:
- Dan’s Talent Code Website.
- Follow Dan on Twitter
- The Talent Code [Book] – Dan Coyle
- The Secret Race [Book] – Dan Coyle and Tyler Hamilton
You can try out a lot of the books we recommend in audio format with Audible:
http://audibletrial.com/preneurcast – Free trial with a free audiobook download for PreneurCast listeners
|Never Miss an Episode: Subscribe to the show on iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
Love the Show? Please take a minute to show some love via a comment or review on either iTunes or Stitcher.