Like this innovation? Show your support by tweeting it, ‘liking’ it on Facebook, or leaving a comment below.
1. THE BEGINNING
This innovation came to life when…
A city-living tea drinker started to wonder what was really in her cup. Exactly where did the tea she was drinking come from, how was it grown and when was it picked and packed? She had tasted lots of teas but couldn’t find a really delicious green tea. She wondered why? She loved Japanese green tea but wanted a locally grown, naturally produced alternative. So she went looking…
2. WHAT & HOW
The purpose of this innovation is to…
Provide premium Australian-grown green tea that’s crafted using authentic Japanese methods. Our purpose is to:
- share Australian green tea and ignite people’s love of it.
- make Australian-grown green tea famous.
It does this by…
Providing incredibly fresh, natural and full-flavoured green tea in a simple, stylish way. Perfect South offers a select range of styles from the last two harvests only (currently six teas) to ensure freshness, and also provides exclusive and limited-edition teas that are unique to the Australian market.
3. PURPOSE & BENEFITS
This innovation improves on what came before because…
The majority of green tea available is imported from Japan or China.
The benefits to the customer/end-user include…
- grown locally and naturally
- premium quality
- incredibly fresh
- crafted using time-honoured Japanese methods
- styled for Australian taste buds and water
- full of health benefits
- refreshing, comforting and cleansing
- smooth and balanced
4. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
In the past, this problem was solved by…
Buying green tea from other countries.
Its predecessors/competitors include…
Other tea producers and suppliers.
5. TARGET MARKET
This innovation is made for…
- People who seek out quality Australian produce
- Tea lovers who desire beautifully crafted teas
- Food explorers who like to discover new flavours
- Retailers looking for unique local products
…and those who are ready to re-think green tea.
6. DISTRIBUTION STRATEGY
It is available for sale through…
Our website (www.perfectsouth.com.au) and soon to be available at selected restaurants, cafes and specialty retailers throughout Australia.
Our marketing strategy is to…
- Build a passionate community of green tea lovers via social media.
- Educate consumers about green tea as a beverage but also as a unique culinary ingredient.
- Share our passion for green tea via events, creative collaborations and partnerships.
- Form awesome relationships with selected restaurants, cafes and retailers.
Your Turn — VOTE!
If this SMART 100 innovation wowed you, why not get the word out?
- Tweet it: Top left of each page
- Trigger a Reaction: Facebook ‘Like’, etc.
- Leave a Comment: Anonymous comments excluded.
We’ll use your vote to create the 2013 SMART 100 Readers’ Choice Index. Learn more here!
This SMART 100 profile and the information it contains is a duplication of content submitted by the applicant during the entry process. As a function of entry, applicants were required to declare that all details are factually correct, do not infringe on another’s intellectual property and are not unlawful, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, obscene, or otherwise objectionable. Some profiles have been edited for reasons of space and clarity.