The good people over at Shoe String — the Trade Publication of Australia’s Startup Space — are handing out an award and have put together a prize package for one lucky shoe-string-budget operator this year.
The winner of the Shoe String Startup of the Year Award will receive:
- The title of “Startup of the Year 2013”
- Return airfare from Sydney/Melbourne to Silicon Valley
- Meetings with Australian startup founders in San Francisco
Nominations will be open until August 30th and Judging will be taking place in September.
All startups that enter also will be featured on Shoe String throughout this time as well as receiving shout outs in our Friday Newsletters.
Time to get cracking!
This ain’t exactly a freebie. Here are the entry requirements:
- Startups must be about to launch in the next 3 months or
- Have launched in the last 3 years
- The startup must be based in Australia or
- Founded by an Australian if the team is located overseas
- Entrants must have a valid passport and be able to travel to the USA
- Entries will be required to submit a BETA Beat Vimily Video
The official entry form can be found right here.