CreativeCubes.Co has partnered with MYOB and StartUpVIC to sponsor a year’s free rent and mentorship for five emerging small businesses, founders and entrepreneurs. The pioneering business trio called out to the city’s next generation of leaders for a ‘pitch night’ that was hosted by a panel of judges on October 4.
The evening brought an audience of 50+ to watch eight budding entrepreneurs from the tech, healthcare and creative industries pitch for their chance to win; finalists shortlisted from more than 35 applications. The entrants were judged on their viability, traction, overall presentation skills and ability to handle questions.
Five winners were awarded 12-months rent at CreativeCubes.Co’s new 6-star co-working facility in Cremorne – an area deemed the city’s own ‘Silicon Valley’ by a StartUpVIC report that found Cremorne/Richmond to be Melbourne’s number one location for startups. Fast-moving, high-growth neighbours include MYOB, Seek, CarSales and REA Group to name a few.
Alongside rent-free spaces, the businesses will also receive 12-months of invaluable mentorship from the MYOB, StartUpVIC and CreativeCubes.Co teams in a once-in-a-lifestyle opportunity for up-and-comers.
Which startups has CreativeCubes.Co selected?
- Karista: Australia’s most comprehensive navigational tool for all ageing, disabled and in-home services
- Shiftiez: A roster automation system designed to help companies with shift workers manage rosters
- VetChat: Australia’s first online vet service offering expert advice for your pet from the comfort of your own home
- Tooth Rush: An ergonomically designed mouthpiece which ensure 100% cleaning of all teeth to provide you with the whitest, healthiest teeth possible
- Art Haus – A platform that allows office, retail and residential locations to subscribe and rent artwork.
CreativeCubes.Co Co-Founder, Tobi Skovron, led the panel of pitch night judges and was joined by MYOB Community Manager Kristen Holden, StartUpVIC CEO, Georgia Beattie, Hummingbird Superfoods Founder Kim-Katharina Bezemer and workplace welding champion/Communications Director, Skye Tipler-Rosenberg.
“The talent that showed up to Creative Cubes on pitch night was some of the best tech start-ups I’ve ever seen – I wanted to invest in every business that pitched! We are excited about the companies that won and feel they’ll fit in nicely to our community. I’m confident that 12 months here at Cubes for those winners will escalate their businesses rapidly,” said CreativeCubes.Co co-founder, Skovron.
CreativeCubes.Co provides the unique flexibility of co-working with an in-built concierge culture – its very own full-time ‘Happiness Team’ – and unparalleled service. Each winner will work from the hybrid facility that CreativeCubes.Co have designed to host and grow both small and larger corporates alike.