Show your support for this innovation. Tweet it. Like it on Facebook. Leave a comment.
The following SMART 100 profile and the information it contains is a duplication of content submitted by the applicant during the entry process. As a function of entry, applicants were required to declare that all details are factually correct, do not infringe on another’s intellectual property and are not unlawful, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, obscene, or otherwise objectionable. Some profiles have been edited for reasons of space and clarity. More about the SMART 100.
JMango Mobile Development Platform
This innovation initially came to life when…
Duc Ngo, inventor and CTO of JMango, got tired of re-writing every app he made to work on multiple mobile devices. Traditionally, developing apps for multiple operating systems took way too long and required specialist skills resulting to mounting costs. He found this to be inefficient and too expensive, not to mention tedious, repetitive and just plain boring. So he set out to create his own solution and the result was the JMango Mobile Platform.
WHAT & HOW
The purpose of this innovation is to…
…speed up the mobile application development life cycle through a simple-to-use, cloud-based interface. Developers can develop applications while the platform compiles each script to work for all mobile OS’s. Essentially: “You develop once and deploy everywhere.”
It does this by…
…providing an online central software development kit. Developers can create their apps using a simplified descriptive scripting language or they can use the JMango Mobile Platform’s graphical editor to build their apps. When they are done, the system compiles and deploys the application to the target devices over the air (SMS, Data) or via device-specific online app stores.
PURPOSE & BENEFITS
This innovation improves on what came before because…
…it centralises the app development process. No more repetitive coding for each mobile platform. And as it all happens in the cloud, there’s no need for specialized equipment. All you need is an internet connection and a browser. It doesn’t require specialised development skills. Almost anyone can get started developing applications using the JMango Mobile Platform’s intuitive graphical editor.
Its various benefits to the customer/end-user include…
…faster development and deployment cycles resulting in reduced costs, more efficient app management and 24/7 support from our expert tech teams. The JMango online gateway provides security and robustness and OTA capability makes your applications future-proof.
In the past, this problem was solved by…
Its predecessors/competitors include…
It is made for…
- Developers by “a Developer” – The platform is actually made primarily with the developer in mind
- Enterprises – Companies can build and manage their own applications via a central interface.
- Companies that need more than just a mobile webpage – Applications developed with the JMango Mobile Platform are native, and can therefore maximise the use of the device’s hardware such as cameras, GPS and other sensors.
- If the company does not have its own in-house development team, we can build the app for them.
It is available for sale through…
- Platform Licensing or Individual Developer Licenses
- JMango’s expert programmers can create custom applications for companies that do not have in-house development teams.
- Ready-made, customisable packages for telecom, mobile commerce and mobile banking applications are available.
Our marketing strategy is to…
- Push global awareness about the platform through online social networks
- Presence in key developer or mobile-related trade shows and conferences
- Coordinated press releases and public relations to push the brand globally
- Utilising key reference clients to drive the business
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT…
Voting for the Readers’ Choice Index has concluded, but you can still show your support!
- Tweet it: Top left of each page
- Trigger a Reaction: Facebook ‘Like’, etc.
- Leave a Comment: Anonymous comments excluded*
More about the READERS’ CHOICE INDEX.